Thursday, October 2, 2008

Oh so very grown up....

I love this picture b/c you can barely see travis smiling at her in the background mirror!!!
Well.... I have to admit, Julie is growing up so fast that I could cry! It has been so amazing to see her grow and change and we are really enjoying our conversations with her, she is so much fun! She is really starting to figure out that she really cares about what her friends think of her. Earlier this week I had her blue jeans laid out and her Ariel shirt and she says, "ummm I don't like blue jeans." I say, well, you always liked them before... why not today?" She says,"Neely(one of her friends at school) doesn't like them." So I told her, well I know you do like them, and your wearing them because this is what I have laid out and we are in a hurry!!! she says, "okay, okay mister bossy!" hmmmm.... then yesterday, I go to fix her hair, and she says, "mom, I really need a ponytail today!" (She NEVER wants her hair this way!) I say, "So how come you want to wear your hair in a pony tail today, does it get in your way at school?" She says, "No, Karlie(her other side-kick at school) likes to wear her hair in a ponytail." hmmmm So it already begins! aaaaah! so grown up! I will leave you with her latest funnies :0)

We were eating lasagna the other night (you know, spagetti with extra cheese....) and Julie says, "Well, it is NOT delicious, or adorable, but I guess I will eat it!" well alrighty then!!!

Logan is squirming while I change his diaper and gets a mess on the clean one. I say to Julie, "sweetie, can you run and get me a clean diaper for Logan?" she says "weeeeelll, not right now, but don't worry mom, when I grow up, I will help you change bubby's diaper allll the time!"

Julie walks into the kitchen and asks to help me cook. So I get the chair and she is helping me and she asks to stir the fried okra, and I say "well, you need to be a little older before you are around the stove." She says, "Mom, I am old."

Have a blessed week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Her hair is beautiful, Lindy! Such a sweet little girl. :-)

becky said...

She looks just like you so beautiful. Logan is getting big too. Does he have problems with asthma- I saw Travis giving him a breathing treatment?