Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Look at my Babies!!!

Mommy and her babies, they are getting so big!!!!
Daddy giving Logan his nightly breathing treatment. Logan is about to doze off!
Look at how long her hair is! It is still wet from her bath :0)


So here are some pics as promised! The first picture is right after their bath, and they both wanted to sit in momma's lap! I was in hog heaven :0) The kids have done really great at getting used to "school" and what all of that involves. We are gearing up for a very busy fall and holiday season with showers, birthday parties and weddings! Julie has loved getting to go to all of these events, as they all usually involve cake and/or icecream :0)
A few of her latest funnies:

I say, "If I see you doing that again, then you are going to time out and getting a spanking." Julie says, "well, just don't look at me then!"

Julie says in the car, "So mom, when you gonna teach me to drive?!"

I say, "Julie, I am so sorry you chose to disobey me, this is why you went to time-out." about 10 minutes later she says, "Mommy, I am so sorry you chose to be ugly to me."

we went to a princess birthday party where the kids were supposed to say their names and their favorite disney character. Julie says, "uuuummm, my name is Julie, and I really love to just hop on one foot!" haaa haa! okay.....

Logan is jibber jabbering up a storm and increases his vocabulary each day! He went to the pantry the other morning and pointed and said, "eeeetooos!" I told him no, we don't eat cheetos at 9 o'clock in the morning! Little stinker :0)

We are having a huge problem with sibling rivalry right now, as it comes in waves here and there. It really helps to separate them for awhile after a fight, then find something to do that involves everyone. I am an only child, and am shocked speechless at how quickly they can go from huggy kissy to fighting and hair pulling! All of my friends assure me this is normal, but I am still not used to it! I actually had to yell at them the other night, don't touch him, don't look at her! you sit there, you go to your room! It was crazy! I would love to hear some suggestions on how to deal with this in a more effective way for an almost 4 year old and an almost 2 year old! Any ideas?!

4 comments:

Sussey's Story said...

Don't you love our childrens comments? PRECIOUS! As for sibling rivalry, if my boys are fighting over toys ,which is usually what happens, I try to remember who had it first and give it to that child and say "you need to share with your brother. You can play with it for another 10 mins then its the others turn." If that doesn't work I take the object of both affections away and send them to their rooms. I am an only child too. Some days are better than others, but for the most part I enjoy hearing them play and sometimes fight together. But, that's how they learn to deal with others as well.

Audra said...

Lindy, Julie is HILARIOUS!! Too cute! I predict that Elena is going to be about the same way. It's hard not to laugh when they are so serious! The sibling rivalry is absolutely normal. It's not even that they happen to want the same toy at the same time, it is just that they want whatever the other one has! Elena has a sudden interest in pacifiers and other baby toys simply because that is what Lydia is playing with! They are precious by the way!
Audra (Gahagan) Young

Dr Jen said...

Take a deep breath and know it will go on for another twenty years or so in one form or another. Or you could change the dynamic by having a third child. Logan could change from being the picked on baby brother to the ignored middle child! Both great options, huh?

theruples said...

I wish I could say something to help the sibling rivalry problem - but I only have Jack and I'm still trying to figure out how anyone has two children at all! My one kid keeps me on my toes. I do have two brothers and I can say that at about 12 years old or so, I started to appreciate them more and our brother/sister bond just grew and grew and now I laugh at the times my brother tied me up or picked on me :0) (I probably didn't laugh at the time though) Good luck - I think you're a great mommy!

Adorable, adorable children... I hope to meet them one day (and take their pictures!!!)