Monday, September 1, 2008

School Days

Julie with her star that she colored ALL by herself! well, I helped with the name a little....
Logan being entertained by Julie, she was singing and waving her star around!
Julie in her class, she said right before i took this, "mom, hurry, I need to go and play!"


So the first day of school was great! There were no tears shed from any kids, and only a few from mom when I got back into my empty van!!! They were so excited about getting to go in and see their teachers and play with their friends. Trav and I feel so blessed that our kids go to "school" and church at the same place. They are even in the same classrooms for school and sunday school! How great is that?! Now Julie asks when we pull up the the church building, "mom, are we going to school today, or church?"
I didn't get very many pictures of our first day as I was running around like a madmom making sure everyone had what they needed, and so i only got pics in their carseats plus that one of Julie in her classroom. I really wanted to get one of Logan with his teachers, but I was afraid if I started all of that he might get upset and want me to stay! oh well, I will get more pics later in the year at holiday parties and such!
Hooooray for great first weeks!

3 comments:

Audra said...

YAY for driving a van!! I didn't think there were many others that are our age that did. I get made fun of relentlessly (by my childless friends) for driving a van! So glad I'm not the only one! And YAY for good first weeks of school. Those are the hardest...on everybody. Audra

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful star, Julie! :-)

Lyndi said...

You're kiddos are precious. I think about you often and hope everything is going great for you!