Thursday, January 8, 2009

A pet peeve...

I have been running outside more often this winter due to 60 degree temperatures, it has been great exept for a few complications. What drives me nuts is when people honk at me and/or yell out their windows!!! A friend of mine said some teenagers even threw an empty water bottle at her!! my goodness. Please please please do not honk when you see someone jogging! If you feel compelled to do anything, a polite wave out the window or a thumbs up will suffice! Not only is being honked at annoying, but it scares the livin' daylights out of me!-pardon my southern expression :0)
I wonder how rude honkers would feel if i came to their house while they were doing their favorite hobby or pastime and honked at them... hmmmm.

1 comment:

Kristen M. Gambill said...

that's funny! i will make sure to give you the thumbs up if i see you running. Justin and I are going to join the DAC a fitness center by our house...on powell road .. .. and i think we are going to even do some of the fitness classes... hopefully i will get some thumbs up at the gym... i really liked this post... I totally agree with you honking and screaming is rude and just plain tacky!
--- Patientally waiting for another post....