Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Big Sister Julie




This post is dedicated to my precious girl, who is a fabulous big sister. From the moment Julie met Logan, she was facinated. All of the pictures from the day he was born are of her looking at him!
She just kept touching him and smiling. Even now poor Logan has two mommies. She is constantly telling him no and that if he doesn't stop, he will get a spanking or a time out! If she isn't correcting him, she is "guiding" him during play time (a nice way of saying she bosses him around some!) She can mess with him, but no one else can!
A week ago, I had to spat Logan on the bare leg for the first time, and Julie went crazy yelling at me to not spank her Bubby! (this is Logan's nickname in our family) She hugged him and pat him and told him it would be okay. Logan in turn adores his big sister and loves to aggravate her to the point of tears. He doesn't talk much b/c big sis and mommy anticipates his every need! He calls her ZeeZee right now ( his word for Sissy?) Logan loves to hug his ZeeZee and then pull her hair, but Julie is a great sport most of the time!
Another instance, I had to discipline her, and she was so angry she looked at me with her angry eyes and said, come on Bubby, let's go play! He followed his big sister to her room where they shut the door! I prayed looooong and hard that my two babies would be super close and extremely loyal to eachother, and I am finally seeing my answered prayer~ although sometimes it feels like they are ganging up on me :0) Here's to many years of sibling lovalry!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post, Lindy! This will be very special for Julie and Logan to read when they get older.

theruples said...

You're such a good mom - I can tell you love your two munchkins so much! That was a very sweet post - thanks for sharing...
I need to get your email sometime and get all your knowledge on child raising. Teach me about teething, potty training, and how you handle two kids!
Seriously - I'd love to ask you a bunch of questions (aprilruple@hotmail.com)
Love Ya!