Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I did it!!!

I cut Julie's hair. I know, completely crazy. We had a tiny incident with gum, that was in the very ends of her hair, and I thought, no biggie, we will just snip a half inch to an inch and we will be done. I prepped her, got it wet and turned her around. she was looking up while I was cutting and i didn't realize it, so it ended up being shorter than I wanted it to be. After Julie looked in the mirror, she wanted it even shorter. She has been asking me for a long time now to please cut her hair. So... I did.
The rough part? I was kind of hoping with all the weight out of it, the curls would bounce right up and be more curly, but.... they just dissapeared :(

Here is a before picture, we had been braiding her hair after we washed it so it would be really wavy. Notice we are sporting our gator gear! (this was pre Alabama game)
Daddy's Two little Gators

notice the wavy hair on Julie!


Drum roll please........






and here it is! Much shorter for her and much healthier looking in my opinion. Okay lets face it, I really miss her baby curls, but she is a big girl now! *Sniff*

My sweet grown up girl!


I asked her how she felt about it and she said, "mom, I totally love it!"
So there you have it, she is now a pre teen. :0)

4 comments:

Morgan Holt said...

I was totally ready for it to be really short looking but it's still a really long length. It's very cute! And yes, it did get straight but it looks so healthy! Our girls are growing up...awww!

Sarah said...

She looks just like you, Lindy!Taylor's hair did the same thing. Sadie trimmed it a bit and the curls went away. So glad you are doing great.

Varner said...

You did a great job! I have got to get Allie's hair cut. You've motivated me to my her an appointment.
Thanks for your sweet comment about how good I look. If you noticed I only took a picture from the chest up on purpose. Ha!

becky said...

Love her haircut!! I also love the blog of you sleeping with the little one:)So cute and sweet!!!