Wednesday, July 30, 2008

oh the joys...





Julie has been hilarious lately, and Logan is on the up and up after surgery! thought I would share!!!


well, the other day, I was getting ready to go to the dentinst when I heard, "smack! and Logan was wailing!" I run into the living room where Logan is crying and Julie with a deer in the headlights look on her face says, "I did NOT just hit him really hard!" -gotta love when they tell on themselves!!!

Then the next day she runs into the kitchen and points to the living room and says in an extremely parental tone,"mom, look at what your son is doing." (pulling all the pillows off the couch)

Last week I made her try some sautee'd (sp?) squash. She gingerly picks up a tiny piece with her fingers, puts it in her mouth and starts to cry, "no, I don't like it, it is hurting my face!" ---what?! haa haa!!

She runs into my bedroom the other day and says..."mom, I don't know what I wanna be when I grow up!" I say, "well, sweetie, that's okay, you have a long time to decide, and you get to pick whatever you want to be!" she then exclaims, "okay, I wanna be tinkerbell!" and skips out happily :0)

Yesterday, Logan's diaper leaked during the night, so when he woke up I just grabbed some other pj bottoms and put them on with the shirt he was already wearing. Julie walked into the room and started crying, and I say, what is the matter? she says, "bubby's outfit doesn't match he wants it to match!" Yikes! (I have created a fashion girl!!!) hee hee


Logan is having such a great time learning to talk. Julie and I are the only ones that can really understand him, but at least he is making an effort! He is adding to his vocabulary each day and loooooves ELMO! He can say several animals, sounds they make, alphabet letters, sounds they make, a few colors, a few foods, and a few needs (like ink=drink, and ore=more)
After his tonsillectomy, he has become quite attached to me and will not tolerate anyone holding him except me or travis or my dad. (stranger anxiety maybe?) he calls for me 100% of the time when he needs anything or when he wakes up.
He loves the family picture of the 4 of us on our coffee table and he often brings it to me and points out every member of the family and says who they are! -so sweet!-
He loves his Zee Zee(sister) and loves going with me to get her up in the morning. When she sits up he says,"Zee Zee!" and waves and blows her a kiss. She usually respons by squeezing his hand or kissing his cheek. Such a heart melter these 2 are!!!
Oh the joys of kids!!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such fun stories....

:-)

So glad to hear that Logan is doing well after his surgery.