Friday, March 14, 2008

I love being a Mom!



Being a mom is the hardest, easiest, most tiring, most energizing, most amazing things I have ever done. I have learned more in 3 years about myself than ever before. My children are constantly keeping me in check in that I know what really matters in this life: PEOPLE and RELATIONSHIPS. They are a constant source of that in your face kind of reality!! One awesome example is that one day we were running late to mother's Day Out and work, and I was so rushed and frustrated and when we got in the car I had a head ache! Julie is looking out the window and says in the sweetest voice, "Mommy, the clouds are so beautiful, look!" Immediately the tension left me. It took the perspective of a precious 2 year old who has no idea that the world lives on a time constraint to pull me back in to composure, how awesome is that! I must share some fun experiences in future blogs, but for now, here is why I love being a mom. I love: the way they smell after a bath, the way Julie is so intuitive and nurturing, the way Logan nuzzles my hair and wraps his chubby little arms around my neck when he is sleepy, finding a toy in my purse when they aren't with me~it makes me smile!, playing play-doh, blowing bubbles, revisiting my favorite disney movies (hello, updated version of lady and the tramp anyone?!), the way the kids love me and hug and kiss me no matter what I look like, I love learning about the differences in their personalities, and nurturing them in any way that they need!!! One of my favorite quotes right now is "The Family is One of God's Greatest Masterpieces!" - It is so true~ May you have a blessed day :0)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the quote, Lindy! :-)

Logan and Julie are so blessed to have you as their mom.

Kevin and Laura said...

Hooray for Lindy blogging! You will never run out of stories to share on here..I know your life:)

And I knew one of your first posts was going to be about being a mom! You are an amazing mom and I agree with Karla...Logan and Julie are very blessed.

Thompson Family said...

Yeah!! I love being a mom, too. But I wouldn't be as good as I am now without your example with Julie. You are an amazing mom!! I wish we were able to meet Logan. He sure is SUPER cute. Love you guys, Kristen

Lauryn said...

Just found your blog! I love this one in particular!!

See you soon